Find:

Tuesday, August 2, 2022

2022 08



***
8/31
Had to go back to the doc so they could stick the needle in me.. couldn't eat before so I packed lunch n coffee. After the deed was done we went to the shelter house in back on the bench and a strange thing happend.. won't say but it made me remember stuff from long ago.
Had to wait till 3:30 for the pill store to have my stuff so we walked up the trail to kill time, this guy n his pup is the only pic I took.
Still too much time so I went at the Gucci (salvation army store) to get some stuff that fits.. I haven't bought clothes for years and the only other clothes are what my girls buy me for my BD n Christmas.
Not sure if Kookie wanted to be seen in a pic after shopping at the Salvation Army .. turning her face from the camera 😵



The nobel Saint Bernard on a snow covered mountain waiting to rescue helpless hikers caught in a snow drift... Kind of :)

Trying to capture the water n Kookie's tongue.



8/30

No one on top so I was taking pics of the blood vessels in my arm, the texture of the rocks as the shadows deepened as the sun went down.. then I remembered taking a pic of a girl taking pics of a mud puddle for the Kookie pic.
Of course I got to take pics of some others with their cameras too.

I saw these guys doing yoga and wished Kookie's yoga pals were coming up, told them about the free Saturday classes too.



After the yoga poses I took a couple with the sun behind em.
Our Yoga pals
are Ryann Marie King n Kris Buzolith-Blevins Super nice .. contact em if u wanna



The sky was super drab n I worked on glasses reflection on these guys
I added color to the sky on the next one but posted the original. I think I got a better pic of em with their camera.
The sky still bland as I was leaving and I told them in a little bit there would be a beautiful streak of color on the horizon.
Looking back on the way back... if it happens again and I remember before I leave I will suggest to others to take turns taking pics for the others.
The girl seemed pretty friendly n I asked her if I had taking her pic b4.. she said no but I had taking a pic of her friend 😋

I got to capture several pics of these guys n Kookie getting pets too :)



Flash does little at any distance. Their hats were causing a shadow under their eyes n I thought hmmm. Had the guy put his hat on backwards n the girl roll up the front to create a new fashion :)



#risingpark
***
8/29
Doing pics I took yesterday now
After taking Kookie to Clear Creek to cut a bit of hair and shampoo her, home we went... thinking nap and workout.. never happened.
Not just thinking pics now but something to look forward too.
On the way up these guys wanted to give Kookie pets n I asked em for pics :)
#risingpark


These guys out on the rock n I couldn't get the monster to settle down but took a couple
#risingpark


Saw a cool silhouette as I was coming over the bank n told em, hope they find it.
 #risingpark

When the park dwellers r sitting and trees are below em, You can't appreciate the view below, but u can catch some happy faces
#risingpark


The time betweel sundown and twlight, drab for a short time .. #risingpark


Got to see a girl I had taken pics of before.. telling her about my video.. wonder how many people I have repeated it to... girls n puppies 😋


I saw this girl n talked a bit, I think she liked this one so I will post em all.
Guess she has came from Michigan to report a story .. not sure  #risingpark


I never ask people's name. Don't want em to think bad stuff, but because she was so friendly, from Michigan n wouldn't see her again.. I did. Guess friends I will never see feel safer 😊


#risingpark






These guys were sitting on the bank n I got em to stand up so the fair grounds were in the background.
#risingpark

These were the last guys I took pics of before I headed down.
I got to see my imaginary friend on the way down.
When girls r with other girls or alone I feel a bit better, not thinking guys with em are offended.
In the last years a few of em have been super nice ..
Thoughts of someone riding down to Hocking Hills or maybe a couple spins around the fair in the fall being the only such things in my imagination.
I guess we remain goofy all of our lives 😋
Wanted to make it to Krogers n as I was going in, out came a 'kid' I had taken pics of in 2012 with Joey Thompson. They invited me at their wedding at Ash Cave and I was up on the cliff taking pics with my big telescope lens.

#risingpark








***
8/28
I like to go to Mt P on Sunday nights because... but pretty hot for Kookie so ... 
Summer coming to an end b4 it is gone .. on my todo list is to take Kookie to Clear Creek for cutting some stuff out n brushing her .. thinking the hair will float down stream.. n I can dunk under the water to remove the hair from me.. if only there was a helper.. Getting stuff together , n gonna leave in a bit..








When we got to the creek people were actually fishing in the shallow water.. what the.. Was gonna wear cut offs a summer thing from the past.. but spared any possible visitors .. pretty warm still might make it to mt P, if we wait long enough (80 degrees at 8:30) hmmm



8/27
Pretty warm to come out tonight n I havent even started my workout so I goofed off creating an imaginary picnic for next summer.
I remember some faces n pups but don't know names, u can tag yourselves and be an honorary guest at my imaginary picnic in 2023  
My thoughts as I created this great piece of art HERE.




8/25
After a $$$ adventure n flat tire I drove back past Mt P. Not sure I would make it back so I just took a pic sitting at the traffic light.
When I got on top, these guys were the first I captured n then when Kookie was getting pets.
She got pets at the tire place too n a guy gave her his hot dog  :)
I know the little dog n pal only comes up on Sunday night.. but wishful thinking.

#risingpark





Did a couple pics of some others with their camera n this guy was studying n I asked em for a pic
#risingpark


The sun behind a cloud no harsh light or squinting . Even though the sky was drab I told em in a little bit it would get nice.. it did and I took their pic with the sky behind em.
Saw our pal with her little dog too
#risingpark



These guys were leaving n I asked em if they wanted a pic. n I got to tell em about using flash n magic stuff.
He said he liked the pic with the reflection so I didn't work on it.

#risingpark







***

Afer I got the workout in there was thunder n lightning, I thought about going to Forest Rose n trying to capture Mt Pleasant n the lightning.. but goofed off too long


Didn't figure there would be anyone on Mt P but needed coffee n stuff.. excuse to go to town :)

Oh darn I am n town so might as go out to stand on our turf




A few weeks b4

Most of the time I pack a whole bunch of stuff with big ideas n don't use it.
#risingpark




I saw these guys n thought hmmm the sky kind of bland. I took a pic with their camera n mine. Later the sky got a bit weird n decided to paste em in that sky
#risingpark

These guys came along and I did a pic of them with their camera n mine.. the best sky when I was there
#risingpark




8/19

Didn't finish my workout but justified it by thinking the walk up Mt P would make it the same.
Passed a guy n girl who said hi Buddy .. it took me about 20 steps to remember who it was.. think I took some pics for his graduation.

On the way up I saw one of the girls I had taken pics of and her two doggies :)
They had some kind of doings at the fairgrounds. I knew shooting into the sun would get lens flare so I tilted the camera down to avoid most of the sky

#risingpark

Doing a video at the north end but walked down to see who I might capture.. Taking a pic level, the sun did not appear but something about shooting at an angle gives color to the sky.. This girl knew me.. said I had taken her pic b4 😋
The flash making her eyes sparkle .
#risingpark

I saw these pals n thought it wouldn't be right if they made it to the top n did not have a pic of all of em together
#risingpark


Spotted these pals and used the high camera trick to avoid reflections.. them looking at my level flash high makes the light reflect so it does not come into the lense
(sometimes) 
#risingpark

Talked these guys in adding their pic to my photo safari.. Kookie was almost after the pup, then I was gonna capture her with the girl.. but she had the other pup in mind
I don't figure I will make it to get another dog but if I do, I will make sure they are playful to other pups.
#risingpark

The goodies still there on the camera holder ???



Before leaving I saw another guy who likes to take pics here n bring his pals, I did a couple with his camera. (delay after pressing the button n I am shaky.
This is the last of the pals I got to take a pic of, no need to replace all their faces were visible 😊
#risingpark

Stopped to gas up n this girl came to give Kookie some pets.. n she told me I had taken her pic on Mt Pleasant .. hmm 😇#risingpark

I saw this military machine n took Kookie over for pics, Kookie jumped on both of em, the guy got the most slobbers 😈
#risingpark

Other than a video of the sunset I got one good sky pic.
#risingpark

Seeing a video of Ryaan the yoga girl here, I tried to duplicate it.
The pic of two of me with Kookie was not a planned shot, don't how .. magical I guess 😲
Ryann does yoga up here at times even with Kookie :) 

#risingpark


Leaving the parking lot, it looked like something weird was going.. appeared like a guy n girl were sitting on the ground by their car door, I tried to snap a quick pic but it was a big blur.
#risingpark

My wife has been gone for years n keeps getting mail (to her maiden name) .. another today 😳
I never answer the phone but get messages in email. Some woman keeps calling her asking for her friend.. I guess I should call her n tell her she has the wrong number so she don't think her frind is avoiding her.






***
8/18

Before I made it to the park I stopped to buy a bucket so I could take water for Kookie, didn't have any so I bought a cooler.
When I was setting up the camera for some shots this guy came over with a bottle water to share with Kookie :)
Then I took a pic of them.. having a picnic there 😀


#risingpark


The camera taking pics of the clouds every 20 secs to make a time lapse, this girl came along n I asked her for a pic of her n her pup. I tried a couple different settings n liked this one the best.
There was also two boys and their grandpa. They were waving at someone at north school, guess it was their mom, any how I took a pic of them with their cameras too
#risingpark


I had big plans of capturing a cloud time lapse and the azimuth of some land marks relative to the spot by post 32
I have a pentax gps attachment that shows the info on back but does not record it in the image data n spotted the guy n asked em to write stuff down.. worked pretty good,
#risingpark
 

I talked to em a bit telling em what I was doing n thought pic of two pals, one with the puffy clouds and the other with the city below.
#risingpark

When we got to the pipe, someone had left some goodies there.. tempted to sample em.. thinking they might have been left there by the same elves who were kind to the shoe maker 😇
(flash back to my mom reading me bed time stories)


Being pals with Kookie, guess you know how that goes when she gets silly, Kookie sliced the guy's shirt,  n left big scratches on his back. His pal has his shirt, sticking his finger through the hole 😋

Two collage kids visiting our magic mountain.. 
#risingpark



***

08/17
Part of the workout finished, Kookie n the kennel to keep her out of trouble..  Looks like Aug 18th will be the best day to attempt cloud pics in the morning.. if I get stuff done.

I get these emails from my google maps, my photos get bunches of views. If you have a group, a business and are not on google maps u r missing out. 

I just post a few of my pics on maps but when people visit google maps to check out Mount Pleasant, u guys r the stars :)
Thinking this will be my last year when my bd comes in June 2023 then return to Mt Pleasant to take pics of people taking pics of the eclipse.. IT WILL BE A BIG DEAL, CHECK OUT ONE OF EM --> HERE

When all is dark will be a good time for em to come n take me home ... 😋





z


08/14
First I asked these pals for a pic n forgot I turned it on manual focus doing night shots.. duh .. any way thanks guys.

#risingpark



These guys came up from a church group (from here in Lancaster) Happy visitors with good n their hearts. When leaving one of em asked my name n when I told em, he said byMr. Buddy :) When I worked in Egypt they did that .. Mr your first name. I am no sir, mister. People who called me this were family or friends.. 

As they were leaving I realized I had not yet turned it back on auto focus.  n of course Kookie being in the pic :)
#risingpark
 



Before I got a pic of these guys, there was a boy taking pics of his girl friend n I got to use his camera for a pic of both of em
#risingpark

Kookie was all excited with these pals. I think the pics out of the sun were better 
#risingpark




This guy said I had taken a pic of him before n knew where I posted em :)
#risingpark


Thought it might rain so we took the truck
#risingpark

I built a little place out back with the thought.. if company comes.. My wife was alive then and her sister .. my kid, a couple friends came a few times.. now it is grown up with weeds but it is along the path me n Kookie walks n the mornings.
Not a glamor magazine pic.. but in the morning n not likely to see anyone for a couple of days.

After a few minutes Kookie gets impatient for me to hurry up and explore :) 




This was nothing but woods on my property. I had an old van and drove it in a path so I could walk.. running over trees .. a demo derby )
Built this so I could leave the top off the Jeep during the season.





I am not great at talking. I run out of stuff to talk about and with people I meet I don't know if I am repeating the same stuff over n over.
My phone works through the computer and I never have it plugged in. When people leave a message it goes to my email. Maybe talk to someone 15 times a year... Latest a woman leaving a message for Annie :)
I have a cell phone for emergencies or some place you have to wait. How often .. In July Kelly was doing pics at John Glenn on the way back I got a flat.. couldn't get a signal ... finally figured out I had not used it for a couple months n wasn't paid up.

Seeing my old bike with flats n falling apart, I got froggy n started looking for a bike last Christmas $$$ Yikes
Finally found one on Market Place.. just $35 , looked pretty nice .. Guy from Baltimore I think, and he said there were two of em for that amount... must have been his and his wife's
Still hiding from the virus I asked em if he could bring them. Some where I posted those pics.
I live on big hills, fun going down but.. and I live on a sharp curve so I just ride it around my path on my yard.. thought of a park dweller who might enjoy it.  
If I could just get Kookie to ride with me. I was going to put mine in the truck and come in n ride around the fairgrounds.. but. 




Taking pics through the years, I only connect with a few.
In the 7th year after losing my wife, I thought this year I hope to make a pal with a common interest.
Though I can't think of stuff to talk about when I am typing .. I  guess The Mick is one person I share stuff with.. n have a bit of a connection
I got to see the Sunday visitor too... wasn't gonna ask for another pic .. but .. 
A later thought .. 

The sky was less than great but I saw a break through the clouds and by adjusting the exposure comp, I made the colors pop. Of course people pay little attention to the sky but if you put people or dogs in it, they will. Pasting TheMick in the sky.
#risingpark

The first time I saw Kacy, can't believe Kookie was being gentile :)






***
Asked these guys to do this silhouette as I was leaving :)





Instead of doing my workout, I decided to go to the park and do time lapse. Should have went eariler but we had a great adventure. Stopped at Kroger on the way home n saw a girl, I think I might have taken her pic before.
I parked under a tree by Kroger to keep Kookie in the shade.

I took some pics of others with their cameras n talked to a couple people.
I told this girl about using fill in flash.. beautiful sky n girls  n lots of puppies there.
#risingpark





08/12

Kookie got so many pets today. She barked all the way into town

#risingpark



Local pmmpkin on the hammock should have asked to get a pic with the super cool sky.
#risingpark






#risingpark

The last time I captured a large group was these guys. They lined the top of Mount Pleasant.



Every day I tell myself I won't get on the computer until I finish my exercises.. lied to myself again.
A big challenge to find faces with the same lighting, with the sun coming from behind, another in the harsh sunlight.. anyway I think I managed to get u guys in one pic.. hope I didn't make any heads too big 😋

That time of day is not great for capturing faces but at twilight it is beautiful.

In the fall, our fair is right below, a great time to come n crash it :)

So many kids trying to watch em all one guy was completely missing so I photo shop him, others partly visible.. 














I saw this guy walking buy and a bit later the police came up .. my direction.. yikes but they cuffed  him right there. I think I have taken photos of about everything that goes on here.#
risingpark



8/11

SHOOTING THE MOON



Had stuff packed but the sky was covered with clouds.. but the weather page said would clear

Couldn't see to set stuff up so I turned on the head light

About that time I saw the moon begin to peek ,, It wasn't visible when closer to the horizon .. 

I was afraid Mt P could not be seen but it came out better than I thought

#risingpark #mountpleasantinrisingpark

Some of my moon shots with the big teley are nice ..

I figured out how to know where the moon will be ..

I think someone on Mt Pleasant knew we were at forest rose, they kept flashing a light.

I was kind of afraid they might close the gates ..

You know why they put fences around grave yards,, something I heard long ago 🙂




08/08

On the way up last night this guy came zooming down the trail, I can't believe how fast he was gone and I did a quick draw with the camera :)

#risingpark


These guys got out of their cars when I did, I thought I would do a candid here then maybe capture them with my camera.
I waited too long when I walked over they lit the candles on a bd cake, so tempted just to take a shot.. but I just asked em to take a pic of their whole gang with their camera.
So many pics I have taken of others with their cameras n never saw em..
#risingpark
I got a tracker for one of my cameras n was goofing off tonight.
It gives the gps of where you were standing, directions n such stuff.
#risingpark


No full moon but practicing for the full moon in a few days.
The perfect pic got away
Camera pointed at the moon, me looking at the lcd screen (flat) and a lightling but landed on the screen walking over the moon.. bu the time I got in the house to get another camera to capture it, he was gone... ugh
Had to keep moving around to find a place to see it, trees every where in my yard.
Outside in my underwear, the insects were having a feast.
#risingpark



08/07

After I finally got the prescription I think I lost it somewhere before coming home and had a flat tire adventure too.

Hoped I would see the little dog n his pal.. but no show.


The Mick
Except when I have a doc appointment or buy stuff,  I have no contact with the humans.

Seven years after I lost my wife n PuppyDog, I told myself this was gone to be a good year, someone who loved taking pics n pups n was ok with visiting me n Kookie on Mt Pleasant.

She was in high school at that time then got married n the spark faded until tonight.. my thoughts to TheMick :)

 Haven't been too froggy and didn't take any pics of others with my camera but did take some for others with their camera..

The last time I saw her bouncing up being a happy girl was the spring of 2017

Things I thought would happen in time, never told anyone but wondering.. hmmm







I always wanna see you n keep u in a bottle but can never think of things to talk about, When u got hitched, I didn't figure a guy would appreciate it.. so un did the facebook thing.

On that account I have 1500 'friends' and couldn't pick 10 of em out of a line up.
I know some churches decide who members can be friends with .. so I made it easy.
You know I love to take and post pics of cute girls so I will ask u first.. dont wanna get u in a dog hose :)

When you spoke and I turned around, I couldn't believe it .. still cute as a bug .. thank u 😋

***

.
Planning photos

Trying to figure out or other such maps

The sunrise and sunset lines are a bit thicker and their colors indicate sunset or sunrise. The thin line is where the sun is at that particular time of day.

I discovered if I were planning a trip to Santa's workshop using a compass, I would get lost. It seems true north is where Rudolph n the gang live.

When you know what angle the sun or moon will be, just place your protractor on the map with zero pointing north, look that direction .. here you would be looking over your left shoulder and slightly to the back.






8/06

Raining again, Kookie is in the basement in her favorite spot gotta start the workout but wanna share this info for others who love photography

CAPTURING THE MOON WITH MOUNT PLEASANT
We love to capture the moon or sun with a great background.

A beautiful sky, a landmark or some place.. building.

Trying to figure out when one of our stars (moon/sun) will be in position and where we have to be to capture them in an image that includes our background... then if the clouds do not block em.

On the roof of the YMCA, parking lot or The Tree Church ? Dec 8, 2022 at 8:03 PM ?
If anyone understands photo pills help me out 

Taking my camera on Mt. Pleasant and scanning the city I found places a tripod could be setup. If I could see them then I know standing in that place Mount Pleasant would be visible 

Gotta pickup Kookie's pills so we will come in town on Sunday regardless of rain, tornados or earth quakes.

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipPgbfbbvv9MCb8CbvGW0TvQk3s_15JrddixwJbq


#photography #mountpleasantinrisingpark, #photopills #risingpark




8/05

The clouds haven't been nice, but I might try to make it out Sunday hoping I might see someone .. n capture a good one.

At the beginning of the sunsetting there is no shade on top, not great for a picnic. The light is bright n sunglasses or lots of squinting will be the story.

In a little while before sunset is the perfect picnic time.

As the sun gets close to the horizon, that is the time to try to capture people with the sun behind them... using fill in flash.

I think I like twilight the best.
If I have taken your pic b4 n u see me, scratch your ear. I love to take pics but I guess my victims r not into being flashed so many times :)
There is one pic I wanted to capture of Kookie n me but I can't do it myself.. hope to get that done this year.


My memory not so great. After seeing someone last week n doing a candid, I realized it then started looking through my albums to find em again n again with their little dog :)




***

On the way in we saw a bunch of cops where our yoga girls have their sessions, hope they didn't get handcuffed 😋





On the way up the trail I spotted these pals, thinking they should keep this pic and take another in 40 years :)

#risingpark


Spotted these guys like this first then asked for a sun set shot.

#risingpark



The golden hour just took these candid pics of two pals.

#risingpark



Kind  of hard getting this one with sunflare but it cane out pretty nice 

#risingpark


Guessing this will be the most copied pic a bunch of pals coming to watch the sunset together

#risingpark


I think I took a couple pics of these at the beginning of the trail, then tried again at sunset. I think I captures a better pic with their camera than mine

#risingpark








.


No comments:

Post a Comment