Find:

Tuesday, February 1, 2022

2022 02

Very seldom do I know anyone I take pics of, so if u know em, tell them so they can copy the pics. If they find a good one they might have an enlargement made. 


This is Kookie's fb page.. we just paste bunches of pics on this one https://www.facebook.com/princespuppydog/ 


I managed to get a listing on Google Maps. Don't paste a bunch of em but if you have a couple good ones u can post away Mount Pleasant in Rising Park 

I post some on Instagram here https://www.instagram.com/mtpview/ is our page


I meet some good people here if you are into Yoga my pals Ragann n Kriss are here.


Adding glasses, I took a couple pics with bright sun with the intent in practicing adding sunglasses.. it will be a while but if u remember later n come back, I might have some of those pasted .


1/27

After me n Kookie got up n took our walk, it was big exercise day.. between a power nap it was finally done... and when I see it is gonna be a sunny day ... the plan was to the park and stop at Krogers on the way home.

As soon as we reached the top of the trail, these guys told me I took their pic before n asked if I would do another... of course 

The sun was bright n I knew there would be lens flare so I moved em to the south and got this one

#risingpark


Close to sun down I turn em so there is an orange glow... just a bit early here.. a few minutes later and it would not have been so bright ... but I am gonna practice putting glasses on some of my 'models"

#risingpark

Need some work but added these glasses. By selecting the amount of density his features still appear like regular sunglasses.




Candid shot .

#risingpark

Still too bright so I decreased the saturation on this one.
Kookie came n had to scramble ... didn't know it but doing so I rotated the mode button

#risingpark

The pic in back is the first actual pic I took, couldn't make the flash work... ugh then when they left I saw the mode button was turned to auto...
I used tone balance to bring out these guys faces.

#risingpark


When the back ground is brighter n u dont use flash .. ugh.. so I turned em around so the sun brought out their faces :)
#risingpark


Got a pic of these guys soaking in the view then turned em a bit to view their faces... it was too bright so I used some pshop magic to make it not so bad.

#risingpark


Saw this girl n thought it was a cool candid shot.. n I showed her n she asked if I would do one of her :)
#risingpark


Telling these guys about reflection, 2nd pic had him turn a bit then did one with glasses.. I will pshop that later.

#risingpark


Not a great attempt but there is the ability have people take off glasses then photoshop any style back on them. Some glasses are thick and distort the eyes behind them.
Sometimes there are reflections .. sometimes the light is bright making people squint. Making the lens darker would mask the squint.

Before digital, when I started the only correction was hand painting on photos or retouching negatives... having magnifying glasses looking at negative images and imagining what to do to correct them.. yikes.
Lots of high school senior pics had blotches removed from their faces :)

Photoshop.. popular, but you never own it, you just keep renting it.
Corel Paintshop will do the same thing, but you can buy it, you own it. I bought an extra copy to give away .. I use it do do my stuff. Don't need the newest version, you will never learn to use all the functions in any version.




Kookie monster getting pets n making friends
#risingpark

Getting ready to go down n this girl (green coat) came up, asked her for a pic ... kind of looked familiar .. I had taking her pic before .. n when the taller guy popped up, I remembered he had the little dog last time.
If you find this pic n see me again, scratch your ear so I remember I had taking your pic .. don't wanna bug u guys again .

I think u asked me last time about me taking pics here.. 
I think I was in boot camp around 1964 because I remember being in Canton n buying the Beetles 65 album .. 
I always had film cameras till 2005 when I bought a digital camera for my kid for a wedding.

When my wife was still hanging out, I never went any where but got into photoshop n just goofed off at home.

Leukemia took her in 2010 ... retired living outside of town with my pup.. My kid encouraged me to get on facebook .. I posted all the pics I had then got the bright idea to come to the park n get pics on my photo safari and pets for my pup.


Soooo many .. it is hard for me to remember.. the reason you  stuck ... when leaving you said Merry Christmas .. some years since anyone told me that...
Thinking u r this girl.
When I don't have the stuffing's to come I look on Instagram for the tag 
#risingpark

I looked back before starting down n saw these guys.. this is a pic I planned to get for a while, just didn't have any victims... er models
#risingpark




***


.







These glasses were very reflective.. me using flash most of the time, asked em to turn his head slightly n turn his eyes toward me. No reflection from my flash :)

#risingpark


First hammock guys I saw this year :)
#risingpark




Yoga girl who visits lots #risingpark



I could have changed the color balance but this is the golden hour.. #risingpark



Kookie doing time lapse 
#risingpark





This guy had a super nice Canon .. not one of the silly ones that u have to look at the lcd .. from what I read... what makes the sky washed out... it is over exposed... just getting quick shots  to capture sidekicks together on Mt. P. 
#risingpark


Panorama
#risingpark


Me n Kookies favorite pics.. her getting pets :)
In the background is one of their pack.. with the Canon.

#risingpark


Saw these guys at the far end n wanted to get a shot.. after sunset is when I like it best.. a little later on, the colors would have been lots darker #risingpark






I saw one of em taking a pic of the other n knew there should be a pic of them together .. #risingpark

#risingpark

On the way back I stopped n took a pic of these guys .. couldn't see my eyes watering but they said it was ok
On the way I followed em n one of em shinning his light  for me n fell .. good kids from Columbus 
#risingpark


Pics at a great distance r not that sharp but dramatic..  #risingpark



300mm lens from the fair grounds, cropped a bunch I often take pics of the park dwellers on top 
#risingpark

Still alive :) #risingpark

2015 Jeep (bought in oct 2014) I never take it out on the salt .. couple times I got caught in a sprinkle with the top off. Less than  14,000 miles on it. The first time this year it has been out of the car port.
#risingpark


Best friend when I was a kid. I tried to find him for a couple years...
I am adding him to this album because long ago we romped here. Climbing up the face on the bear claws, (I thought) a Japanese family were taking a video of us... we thought we were movie stars :)
Many stories to tell .. seems like I always wanna 
#risingpark



02/09





I bought ice cleats form Amazon and made it to the top with out slipping once.. no one was there but me n Kookie.. guess they got a little way and turned back
#risingpark









02/08

Me Kookie had intown things to do n stopped at the park.

Went to the regular doc, came home, watched Gun Smoke n went to the eye doc.. after I came out I could hardly see.. but to the park we went... me thinking I would capture sleds zooming down the hill. None there n I saw these guys

Moved em over to a solid snow background n tried to capture the sun (early not an orange sun) and used fill in flash.. believe me with out the flash, their faces would not come close to the color n sharpness.

Said they were going to the top.. don't know if they made it.

#risingpark




Getting ready to leave n saw this guy n his side kick n asked em for a pic :)
#risingpark


Thought the kids might have made it to the top so I drove over to the fairgrounds was gonna do a shot with the teley but they were not there. I turned around n Kookie was eating this snow ball.. don't think she rolled it :)
#risingpark


No one to take a pic of with Mt. P in the background so I practiced on Kookie.

#risingpark


Thinking.. hmmm just go home n I saw these guys n asked em for a pic.. had to ask them to move over to the right because the building covered Mt P in the first shots.
I usually like to capture eyes, but it was so bright, sunglasses were perfect for this shot.

#risingpark


Snow plow guy clearing the road so me n Kookie could go to the park... wll kind of :)
#risingpark


Sony is my favorite but I bought this Pentax then added this bracket to hold the light and it will do more.
I also bought a hand warmer and ice cleats for my shoes.. all part of .. for taking photos n the cold n ice.. might get to test em.

 #risingpark





02/01 I had to go to Kroger to get some pills n of course I used that as an excuse to go to Mt. Pleasant. Wasn't gonna go up but the magic spell pulled me n Kookie to the top . 

Walking down I passed some park dwellers that I took pics of. By the time I got here to take the pic of Mt. P. they were standing on top.

#risingpark 



I asked this gang for pics and took their pic with their camera too. It was really slippery hope they didn't fall with their kids 

#risingpark 



Girl walking her pups , kind of foggy looking  pic 
#risingpark 


Kookie getting pets before we left 
#risingpark 


Saw these pals walking up the trail n captured em
#risingpark 


One of my favorite park dwellers. A yoga instructor who comes here often. sometimes they give free lessons. If you r into yoga or just wanna be friends with a cool kid.. Ryann 

#risingpark 


Cute girls every where :) I guess I had taken this girl's pic before. My memory .. hmmm 
When I got there I didn't think I would get any good pics but.. #risingpark 


Spooky sun pics through the pine trees, just adjusted the exposure comp to make it pop.
#risingpark 

Saw this guy taking pics of his pal so I just took a pic of both of em together
#risingpark 


This girl said I had taken her pic the first time she came up here.. and today I took a pic of her and her side kick, first time he ever came up :)
#risingpark 



Kookie making lots of pals today :)
#risingpark 

When I got to the top, this is the first girl I saw gazing out over our turf. It is a magic place to visit.
#risingpark 

This was a candid of these guys walking up the trail. I was gonna tell them so they could copy it, but they vanished.
#risingpark 

***



In February lots of single people think about making a connection 


I take lots of pics on Mt P. I see families n friends, sometimes people just sitting out on the rock. Unless the world has changed since I was a pup, there r lots with the fun idea of meeting another.. n finding a side kick. I am often tempted to introduce them.. but .. duh almost all are strangers to me.

Valentines day prompts people to think more of such things, but before thinking about it, they might look at the weather guy.
You guys who are already connected can come up with your pals. There is time to do other things later.

Also June 23rd.. I will establish as a magic day to come up.. (my bd.. a magic day 😏  )
If you think it is a fun idea, you can like the post and to check later to see if any others like it.. n might meet with your pals on Mt. P.


***
What can you do for me n the Pup.
Of course I take pics hoping people will copy them and might even have prints made of one of them.
Anyone who is tough enough to play with Kookie, makes my day.

Logan a bit further but I did take photos there through the seasons and pasted a 'music slide show' together.

Of the people I have met taking pics there are a few who have became  friends. One was a ranger at Hocking Hills.. someone I have actually seen a few times.

In 2021 she shared the story about her little girl Ruby who was tested with Angelman's Syndrome . You can read through the post and follow her adventures. 

There are gobs of great causes to support but you can't take them on. This one is mine because of Kelly. You can follow Ruby's story on Facebook.

IF you want to contribute to the Angleman Syndrome support organization, you can do it at no cost.

Google, Facebook n Amazon ... I have kind of a connection to them.. my free playground in the last years.
There is a way to support Ruby's cause through Amazon. Sign up for AmazonSmile and pick 
Angleman Syndrome Foundation of Ohio
Some how they give a % of that order to that charity



OLD GUY n Da DOG
Finding myself alone in 2010 after a loss.. well cept for my Puppy, I resumed my life long love of photography.
I went to Hocking Hills some but mostly to Rising Park.

So many park dwellers to photograph.

PuppyDog was a great ambassador, people would wanna give her pets and I would ask them for a pic for my photo safari.

 Every once in a while some will see me in a gas station or store and remind me that I took their pics.. makes my day.

If I could bring some couples together through a connection on the magic mountain... it would be so cool.
To start an interest of this idea with others ou can share this page on Facebook or Twitter by clicking on the little icons below.

If you visit Mt. P. and are single, you can like or comment on the Instagram post HERE.

NOW even if you r hooked up n love Mt. P, if the weather is nice, come visit on Valentines day and June 23 :).


No comments:

Post a Comment